Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rediscovering Mike Raven

If by any chance you're wondering where Carfax has been of late, we've been moonlighting over at Hammer and Beyond, where I've been examining the short and much-maligned (not least by me: apologia here) career of Mike Raven: the British horror star that time overtook, then forgot.

For some reason, this wonderfully eccentric talent has never found the sympathetic reappraisal he so richly deserves, and I have done my part to put that right in a three-part retrospective that benefits greatly from the reminiscences of Raven's wife Mandy and son Dominic.
Do please pop over and take a look: it was a real labour of love.

You can read part one here, part two here, and part three here.
Alternatively, all the Raven material on the site, including my original, introductory post, can be collectively accessed here.

2 comments:

Holger Haase said...

Thanks a million for those awesome posts, Matthew.

Bill D. Courtney said...

Hi, I think you were following my Necrotic Cinema blog. Or at least I seem to following yours :) I had to change the URL for a arcane couple reasons. Things will improve for me but the drawback is I lost all my followers. If you like the sick site can you refollow me at:

http://necroticcinema.blogspot.com

Thanks

Bill